I’d like to thank the gracious Sheqo for nominating me for a Sunshine Blogger Award and apologize that it took me so long to post a response (I was out of the country and then life got in the way). Anyway, it is much appreciated!
Make sure you stop by and check her site out www.sheqoz.com where she shares her wisdom to motivate and inspire you.
I recently nominated some people, so I’m only going to put three down this time.
About the Sunshine Blogger Award:
This award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who feel they display positivity, creativity, and sunshine via their content. It’s an honor to be recognized by your colleagues and peers. It keeps the motivation high which is essential in the writing community.
The Rules For the Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- Inform your nominees through commenting on their post.
Here are Sheqo’s questions that she asked me to answer.
- Why is blogging important to you?
Blogging has given me an outlet for my writing and introduced me to a wide range of fantastic people. It’s helped me to be more disciplined (which I need!) and a chance to sharpen my skills as a blogger and a creative writer.
2. How do you help make others better?
I enjoy watching other people succeed and I try to help them in whatever small way I can, especially if I can encourage them, share some insights, or introduce them to someone who can help them reach their goal. I try to be a facilitator.
3. What have you learnt from blogging?
To stick with it! No one is going to do it for you, so sit down and get typing. I don’t have a hard and fast schedule, but I try to put out at least 4 posts a month — hopefully a lot more. Blog about what your passionate about and your audience will grow.
4. What would you like to do that you can’t do now?
Sing well! Sounding like a frog with a sore throat is depressing. I’ll sing as long as no one else is in hearing range.
5. What is your favorite color and why?
Not sure. As a kid it was red. Maybe blue – I tend to look good in blue.
6. If you could change one thing in the world, what would that be?
I’d have competent, rational, intelligent and caring politicians in charge around the world (the impossible dream).
7. What makes you happy?
Being around family and friends and everyone’s in good health.
8. Who is your favorite Author and why?
I don’t know if I have an outright favorite. I jump around. I’m partial to George R. R. Martin primarily because he’s been able to create a large world in his A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones) populated with interesting characters. I also like Margaret Atwood because of her creativity and storytelling.
9. What is your greatest strength?
10. What’s your favorite drink?
I like a good imperial stout. Also partial to a Cuba Libre. I also enjoy a Moscow Mule.
11. If you was to get a paid vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you end up and why?
Hmmm, not sure. I like history, so would like to check out Italy and Greece possibly. I’d like to go to Japan at some point. Iceland looks like it has some pretty spectacular scenery. Friendly people would be the main draw. I’d like to hang around and get to know the area and people.
Diane from In Diane’s Kitchen
Ana from Mom Life with Chiari
Gunjan from Gunjan Arora.yoga
My questions for my nominees
I’m cheating and recycling some of the questions I already used because I’m low on energy.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What have you learned along the way and how have you improved as a blogger?
- What’s a challenge in life you overcame?
- Who has been a big influence on your life?
- Do you have a hidden talent? If not, what do you wish it was?
- Where would you like to be in your life in 5 years?
- What would your dream job be and why?
- How would you describe your perfect day?
- If you decided to move to a new country or city, where would you want to live and why?
- What famous person or celebrity at any point in history would you like to meet and what would you want to talk about or ask that person?
- In what fundamental way have you changed over the years?